Quality Equipment Tips & News
Working outdoor increases your skin cancer risk by up to 10 times" sunsmart.com.au
Weather you spend all week working outdoors or you are tackling a quick DIY project this weekend remember SLIP on protective clothing, SLOP on some broad-spectrum water resistant sunscreen, SLAP on a broad brim hat, SEEK shade and SLIDE on some wraparound sunglasses.
And don't forget if you self-employed tax deductions are available for sun protection if you are required to work outdoor.For more information visit the Cancer Council Queensland website or call 13 11 20.
New Equipment just landed
- 80 Kg Vibe Plate
- 5kva generator and trolley
- Upright Rammer and Trolley
- Flex drive motor Pump 7 hose with a trolley
- Hilti jack hammer; and
- Quick Cut Concrete Saw
Come in and see the guys at Lockyer Hire to discuss your upcoming hire needs.
Having a risk control strategy in place prior to the commencement of your job is critical when working with EWP. Key areas of consideration include:
· The tasks to be performed· Identified site hazards (e.g. trenching, scaffolding etc.)
· PPE requirements· Barriers
· Signage including warning signs alerting people about overhead work· Traffic controls
· Lights/ lighting, and· Public safety
Other possible hazard include weather condition, overhead service lines, bridges, obstructions, ground conditions, traffic and other machinery, trees and underground services. For more information refer to the Elevated Work Platform guide which can be found online through Workplace health and Safety Queensland.